Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our First Thanksgiving

This thanksgiving was a little different for us this year and one we probably won't forget. We were still able to spend time with our families, we just had a few bumps before we started our day.Literally.

(Short and to the Point version of the story)
Thursday morning Cody got invited to go play in the Turkey Bowl at the high school with his brother and a bunch a friends. Now I thought this was just going to be a friendly game of flag football, but it was a friendly game until someone got hurt. That someone so happen to be Cody. I would explain exactly what happened, but I have heard about three stories so to be honest I don't know exactly what happened myself! All I know is that Cody got a concussion.

We were staying at my sisters house and I decided to get ready before Cody got home so we wouldn't be late going up to Grandma and Grandpa Clark's house. While I was in the shower Steph, my sister, knocks on the door and says, "You gotta get out Cody has a concussion." If any of you know my sister she is a jokester, so I thought that she was just kidding. I am always the first one to fall for it and I didn't want to fall for it this time. So I wasn't too speedy getting out of the shower.

As soon as I got out I heard Cody's brother, Jared, talking and then I realized this wasn't a joke! They left before I could even come out, so as soon as I got ready I was out the door on my way over to his parents house. I arrived wet hair and all (lets just say I didn't get ready that day). As soon as he got out of the car he gives me and hug and says he's sorry. In my head I'm thinking, "Why are you sorry!?" I think it was the only thing that he could think to say during his confused state that he was in. We all walked in the house and the first thing he wanted to do was eat. I was thinking that was a good sign, but I have heard people that have concussions can throw up. He ended up lucky and was able to keep down what he ate. As soon as Cody figured out what was going on his dad and brother gave him a Priesthood blessing. I am so thankful for the Priesthood! Not only did it help Cody, but it also gave me peace and comfort knowing that he would be ok. Soon after he was starting to feel a lot better and was able to get ready. After he got ready we carried on the rest of our day like normal. He was back to normal and that's all that mattered to me. Later that night he did feel a little sick, so I called my sister-in-law to see if her dad could give us some advice on what to do. He wasn't available at the time so luckily her brother is a docter too and saved the day. Thank you Dr. Thompson! He ended up having a normal concussion and his head will be hurting him for a little while. Poor guy. :( But I am so thankful that he was ok from all of it, and that he was still able to spend thanksgiving with the family instead of in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment