Sunday, November 20, 2011

I give this post a shoot....

Alright, so I guess it wasn't my day for cooking because I had a couple of "oh crap" moments. Luckily dinner turned out great, just not dessert.... Take a look for yourself.



Sorry you probably didn't want to see inside my garbage, but I had to show the finished product. Looks good right?! Yeah let's just say it didn't taste as good as it looks! Let me start from the beginning....


After dinner Cody and I decided that a little later on we wanted to make some pumpkin cookies (Cody's favorite). Well I thought it would be nice to get the cookies done while Cody was home teaching, so I go to get the pumpkin out of the fridge and it had all sorts of mold on it. Yeah, sick. Notice in the garbage you can see my pumpkin can. :)


After that I went to plan B. So I decided to look through a new cookbook I got from my bridal shower with a whole bunch of recipes in it. Well I came across a recipe called Peanut Butter Bars and I should have known right from the start that it was going to be a bad idea to make because one: it didn't say how much to heat the oven, and two: it didn't say for how long. So me being the young cook that I am, thought maybe 350 and 16-18 minutes would be good enough. I decided to check it every now and then and when I did it looked and smelt so good! After I took it out and let it cool for a while we decided to dig in. BAD IDEA. Another sign I should have known was right when I cut into it, lets just say, it was not normal. Cody took a bite and was trying to make me feel good, but he couldn't even finish. If he can't even finish it then it must've been bad! It never really cooked in fact it still had the texture of batter. After that I decided to forget cooking, so Cody and I just had some cereal for a treat. :) It was an eventful day for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment