Monday, August 12, 2013

Goodbye Idaho.....



 I honestly thought I wouldn't have to type this post up so soon; let alone ever. It just seemed like yesterday when Cody called to tell me he got accepted into the PA program at Salus University. I can still remember I was so happy because he had worked so hard to get where he is at and he did it. He made it to the start of one of his goals-working with doctors. I also remember crying because I knew what was ahead. I knew that we would be moving far away for a year to an unknown place when I have never done something like that. The farthest I have been away from home is Rexburg, people! This is one huge move for a small town girl like me.

As it is time to move I am starting to have those feelings again. I am so happy for Cody to finally start what he has been dreaming about and all the things we have to look forward to. I know this is going to be one of the greatest years of our lives, but I'm scared. I'm scared of the unknown, I am scared of some of the things I am going to have to do alone, I am scared of missing out on some good times with all of our family members, and most of all, I'm scared I wont get to spend time with Cody as much as I want to. I feel like all of this worry has taken a toll on me.

I am also feel emotionally and physically drained. We have said goodbye to so many people I have almost lost count and I still have a lot of more goodbyes to say. I have watched Cody say goodbye to everyone and now I have to wait for my own. I also feel like we have so much stuff to pack into one small space that will have to last us for an entire year. I hope I can fit it all in the trunk of the car.... 

I am sounding like such a Debby Downer so I am going to change to the plus side of things. One thing that is for sure is that we both know, without a doubt, this is where we are suppose to be. We both have felt that Abington, Pennsylvania is where our Heavenly Father wants us, at this time, to learn and grow in ways we couldn't if we stayed back in Idaho. We know that this isn't a life move and that we will only be there for one short year. That is one full year of places that we can go see and do and have experiences that we will never have again. This is where we will grow as a couple and learn how to depend on one another and no one else. We won't be able to run home to anyone we have eachother to run to instead. 

We have been so blessed with so many great people in our lives and for all they do for us. I honestly don't know what we would do without our parents. They are so supportive and truly care for us and want the best for us. They have been our rocks and the first people we turn to when we need help. Each and every one of our siblings and their spouses have been another huge blessing. They have taught us in ways they will never know and we are so grateful they are so supportive to us and want us to succeed in everything we do. We have some pretty great friends too that make it hard for us to have to find some just as good as them in Pennsylvania.

We have been lucky to have already met some great people that have helped us out so much! I don't know what we would do without the Parkinsons and all their help. They have been telling us the in's and out's of everything and couldn't be more grateful for that. That is the couple that is letting us take their apartment after they leave so we are glad it was in good hands!

Even though I may not sound so excited to move I truly am excited! I am excited to grow as a person and to experience that side of the country. I know it's going to be way different, but I know I can handle it. I know that we wouldn't be going there if it wasn't meant to be. I am excited to meet new people and make new friends. Right now this seems hard and I don't want to do it, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I am so blessed to have someone like Cody to share this experience with.

So, as for now, Goodbye Idaho we will be back at Christmas!




1 comment:

  1. I feel you. We will be moving to texas next year for almost 4 years. That seems like a lifetime to me! I'm scared and excited. But also sad that I won't see family for a long time. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete