Monday, May 5, 2014

Surprise Visitors!

Ever since we went home for Christmas we have been planning on when the next visits would be. Cody and I decided that we weren't going to be able to go home again until August with all his school stuff and me nannying full time. So our parents decided they would come out and visit us during that 8 month stretch. We tried to cordinate the visits so our parents didn't come out on the same weekend. Which would have been so much fun, but we wanted to spread out our visitors so they didn't all come at once! My parents talked about coming out for Cody's Spring Break, or sometime in July, but then Easter weekend looked a little better if everything worked out at home. Well, it was getting closer to April and my parents still hadn't booked their tickets yet. I thought it was kind of weird because they are always on the ball with that kind of stuff so when it was only about four weeks away I was gettin' a little nervous if they were even going to be able to come. They finally booked their flights and were set to come late April 23rd. I was so excited I couldn't wait for them to get here! Their plane was suppose to land at 11:22p.m. so I had all day to wait for them... It was kind of a long day to be honest! We decided to go pick them up from the airport since the train doesn't always make a stop by our apartment after 10 p.m. We headed to the airport and got there a few minutes before they were ready to come out. As we were waiting I was watching for them and I saw through the glass windows a girl that looked a lot like my sister, Steph. I was getting my phone out to take a picture of her so I could send it to her when I had to keep staring because she was starting to look more and more like her the closer she was getting. As I was watching "this girl" I kept thinking, "how cool would it be if she came with mom and dad..." well that thought I had came true because it really was my sister! I honestly couldn't believe it.  As soon as I saw her I saw another sister, Tiff, and my mom, walk out from behind her and then thats when I jumped out of the car and started crying, and running towards them. I was so happy to see them and in shock they came.Well it turns out that my dad wasn't going to be able to come since he had a lot of things going on back home with his business and so two of my sisters decided to come along with my mom. They thought it would be fun to surprise me and they did just that! They had this whole thing planned out for about six weeks and everyone was in on it. Everything started to come together though when we talked about the whole thing. They had the tickets already booked and were just playing their little game with me. I honestly don't know how they kept it from me for so long without giving it away. I did not see it coming at all! :)

They had a plan on how they wanted to surprise me but I saw them before they could do it. Sorry guys! These were the signs they made for me.
 



The first day they were here we went and got pedicures. I love and hate pedicures... I have the most ticklish feet so I was trying not to kick the girl every time she was doing my toes.


They came and met the family I nanny for. Addie was in heaven.
 
 

On our way to center city Philadelphia

Tiff bein a goof!

These two get car sick so they were the ones in front


Center City Philadelphia

We had to take pictures by the Rocky stairs and statue




Funny story: While we were at the Rocky stairs, and statue, we were about 45 mins walking distance away from our car and we didn't have bus passes so we walked in the pouring rain the entire way back.... We were soaked! Made for some blistered feet and good memories :)

We took these guys to Rita's which has custard and water ice and we were all addicted so it called for a late night run! Tiff didn't care she went in her nighty!
Last day in PA :( We had such a fun time with them here. We stayed up way too late every night, talking, laughing, watching movies, playing games, eating way too much... and just havin' a good time! I am so blessed with the families I have. They always make goodbyes hard. On the bright side, we will see them in three months and we have Cody's family coming out the end of this month! Yay for visitors!



No comments:

Post a Comment