Sunday, November 17, 2013

Philadelphia Update

Yesterday Cody and I had the chance to go to a college football game! It was Philadelphia's college team, Temple, and they played Central Florida. And can I just say that was so much fun! I have never been to a college game (yes I've been living under a rock...) so it was so cool to experience. We figure we better go support our local college football team since we are living here. What was really cool about it is Temple plays their games in the Eagles stadium so we were able to sit in an NFL stadium for the game. Not the real deal, but pretty dang close. We wanted to get there some-what early to kinda look around and find our seats and little did we know that the first 2000 fans would get  Temple Owl blankets. You bet we got not just one but two! We are NEVER early to anything so it goes to show that being early isn't so bad. Maybe we will try it more often. :) The game was actually a really good game to watch and had everyone on their feet. We sat by some really interesting people to put it kindly. They were seriously some die-hard fans. If you've seen Napoleon Dynamite just imagine them like Uncle Rico. You could tell they wanted to be playing so bad  and if they could run down to the side line and ask the coach to put them in they totally would have done it not even kidding. It was hilarious! They were also cussing up a storm so that was somthin else....

Waiting for the game to start

Our seats

Walking to the game. You can't see it, but they have tons of other stadiums next the the Eagles stadium. (Philly's, Flyers, Sixers) That was really cool to see!


Eagles Stadium


After the game we got on the bus from the stadium and rode it into Philly since we were practically in the city. We figure we might as well go down there and check things out again. There is a Ross that we wanted to check out since it was closed last time and not going to lie I wasn't too impressed. It was so huge it was overwhelming and it was kinda dirty. But we did end up getting a few things so thats ok!
Once we were done with Ross it was dark out so we decided to head home since Philly is kind of scary at night and we were pretty tired from the long day! Even though Temple lost by one point and we had some weirdos by us I'm so glad that I got to spend the day with Cody it was a much needed break from school and much needed time to hang out together.

Most of you know that I am nannying for a couple families out here on the weekends and that I do a full time family during the week. I have been so blessed with my full time family they are amazing people. They are some of the best people I have ever met and I love them so much! They have the most adorable kids and they are some of the best kids I have been around. They seriously have stolen my heart and I am so lucky I get to spend three days a week with them. The little girl is named Addie and she will be turning 3 soon and she is such a smart little girl. She remembers everything I swear and I feel like I'm talking to a 20 year old instead of a 2 1/2 year old. I come home everyday with something funny she has said or done and it makes me look forward to the next day. The little guy is named AJ and he is 5 months old and is the sweetest. He always makes me smile and he always laughs so hard that he gets the hiccups when I tickle him. :)

This last week I was there Addie wanted to take funny pictures so I got out my iPad and we took these....


She was laughing so hard when we were doing this it was so cute
 


 
 
And I'm pretty sure she has Cody wrapped around her little finger too... :)
 
As much as I love it I do have my days when I really would like to be home. I have really good days and then there are some days I wish we could just pack up and go. This past week was escpecially hard I was pretty emotional all week and I wasn't sure why, but I think it's just because I was a little homesick. Idaho is just home and nothing can beat that. Everything is so different out here and I think I just miss being around things I'm use to. I know we are suppose to be here though I don't really know exactly what for yet and to be honest I don't really know if I'll ever know, but I know we were sent here for a reason. It may be to be missionaries in this area, or I may be here just to learn and grow and support Cody in school. If that's it then I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment